Lake Region Heritage Center
The Organization: The Lake Region Heritage Center, formerly the “Old Post Office,” is located in the heart of our historic downtown. Built in 1908, the space served our community as the post office until 1979 and also housed a federal courtroom. It has been a daily meeting place and has served as the hub for information and socialization among locals. Our mission is to provide our citizens and visitors with programming and events that celebrate the art and history of the Lake Region and downtown in order to strengthen the culture and heritage of our region for current and future generations.
The Position: We are looking for a successful and enthusiastic coordinator to help with upcoming events and the planning and promotion of educational, cultural, and arts programming from conception through to completion. Coordinator responsibilities include providing outstanding customer service and organizing memorable events. Coordinator will assist with the recruitment, management and retention of volunteers for a variety of opportunities for individuals to share their time and experiences with the community.
• Open and close the facilities for a set number of hours as determined to be needed
• Answer phones, welcome and direct guests to area of interest, give guided tours as requested
• Produce and direct historic, educational or cultural programming, including design and production
• Work with community to identify their needs and wants for the institution and ensure guest satisfaction
• Organize and manage facilities and details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special
guests, equipment, promotional material etc.
• Provide feedback and periodic reports to board of directors at monthly meetings
• Propose ideas to the board of directors to improve provided services and event/program quality
• Market, promote, and publicize events using direct mailings, media resources, and available online platforms
• Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on a daily basis
• Conduct pre- and post – event evaluations and report on outcomes
• Maintain accurate and complete records of all activities from budgeting to relationship management
• Assist board of directors and staff with recruitment and develop relationships with businesses and community groups that volunteer together
• Utilize a variety of technology platforms to manage relationships, including but not limited to a CRM, online fundraising tools, project management systems and general business and communication tools
• Excellent time management and communication skills
• Sales skills and ability to build productive business relationships
• Ability to manage multiple projects independently
• Excellent public speaking skills with the ability to present our institution’s mission and ways to get involved to groups of all sizes, interests and ages
• Demonstrated experience recruiting individuals to support an organization
• Demonstrated ability to mobilize and motivate individuals to achieve goals and identify opportunities for growth in relationships
• Initiative and independence, combined with the ability to work well as part of a team
To apply, please email a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org with "LRHC - [your last name]" as the subject line of the email.